How do we collect data?
We collect and combine personal data from the following sources:
Information you provide to us
You may provide us with personal data by filling in forms on our website, meeting with us, or contacting us via post, telephone, email, chat or other forms of communication.
Information we collect ourselves
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect information about the device you are using and the way that you use the site or portal.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Information we receive from others
We may receive personal data from publicly available sources and other organisations, such as advertisers, suppliers, service providers, trade agents and resellers. If you apply for a job with us, we may receive information from recruitment agencies, employment background screening agencies and your named referees.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, including social media platforms, our own corporate prospect/client databases or online or offline research referrals.
Information we collect
We collect the information that is necessary to conduct our business, provide the services you have requested and keep you informed. We may also use the information you provide to communicate with you about our products and services.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you:
- Identity Data: including first name, last name, social media handle or similar identifier, title and date of birth.
- Contact Data: including billing address, postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: including bank account and payment card details (we only use this data for payment processing purposes).
- Transaction Data: including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: including internet protocol (IP) address, traffic data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and other communication data which gives us information about how you accessed our website.
- Usage Data: including information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We do not hold any “special category” data about you (such as data about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union memberships, data about your health and genetic and biometric data).
How we use the information we collect
If you apply for a job with us, we may use the personal data you provide during the recruitment process for evaluating your suitability for current and future employment opportunities, record keeping in relation to recruiting, and improving our recruitment processes.
If you accept an offer of employment with us, any relevant personal data collected during the recruitment process will become part of your personnel records. In other cases, we will retain your information on file for a period of 24 months. At the end of this period, we may contact you to ask if you would like us to retain the information for a further period.
Other ways we use your personal data:
- To verify your identity and entitlements to our products and services when you contact us or access our services.
- To supply services to you.
- To send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you.
- To provide commercial quotes to you.
- For statistical analysis (e.g. on the use of our website).
- To operate and improve our website and services.
- To notify you of any changes to our website or our services and products which may affect you.
- To ask your opinion or feedback on our services or industry questions.
- To enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We will typically use your personal data in the
- Where it is in our legitimate interests, including our commercial interests in operating as a business. We make sure that we consider and balance any potential negative impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
How we protect personal data
Estrella Ventures maintains physical, technical and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data and ensure that it doesn’t get lost, and to secure it from unauthorised access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Data may be transferred outside of the EU for the following purposes:
- Estrella Ventures data storage
- Where Estrella Ventures service providers operate services outside of the EU
- To further business interests
Where any of the above apply, we will ensure that such transfers are made in compliance with data protection laws in force and that your rights under the relevant legislation are not compromised.
If we are made aware of any data breach resulting in the loss or theft of your personal data, we will report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) within 72 hours of us being aware of the breach.
The ICO is a non-departmental public body which reports directly to Parliament. The Data Protection Act 1998 requires every data controller who is processing personal information to register with the ICO. In the event of a serious breach of personal data, Estrella Ventures has obligations to the ICO and the data subject impacted by the breach.
How long we keep your information
Estrella Ventures has a policy to keep most personal data in line with regulated statutory retention periods and only for as long as it is strictly necessary. For clarity, your personal data is held for a period of 24 months, or for such longer period required by law or otherwise necessary to defend or exercise our legal rights. At the end of this period we may contact you to ask if you would like us to retain the information for a further period, after which we will either delete or anonymise the personal data.
How can I find out what personal data you have about me?
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you, a right to rectify it if it’s wrong and a right to delete it. Should you wish to know what the information is, or to manage or delete the information, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond without delay and within one month of the request, or you can write to us at:
Estrella Ventures, Framework, 35 King Street, Bristol, BS1 4DZ, United Kingdom
If you are unhappy with the way Estrella Ventures process your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).